Fallout 3 crashes when making a new saved game

DrPugglestein

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I have recently acquired a copy of Bethesda's Fallout 3 and when I booted up the game and tried to create a new saved game, it crashed on me before it even started. This problem continues to occur every time I try to make a new game and I have no older file to choose from. My computer meets requirements to run the game on a medium graphic option, but to be safe I have set graphics to low for best performance. Please help me in resolving the issue. (Windows 7 by the way)

vveren

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

i believe i have the um integrated graphics core (specifically the one u mentioned above) and am having problems running Fallout 3, i cant even start a new game

Since Fallout 3 (and Oblivion) does not recognize integrated video cards, you'll need to download a D3D9.dll file. It tricks the game into thinking that there is something like an nVidia 8600GT installed. You will need to decrease the default settings so that Fallout is playable on your laptop.

http://gtacrimeworldhome.webs.com/d3d9.rar

I have personally tried it on my laptop just to test out how capable the Intel HD 3000 is for Fallout 3. My laptop actually has an nVidia GT 550m. The D3D9.dll file must be in the same directory as Fallout3.exe. This file was originally created for Oblivion as part of the "Oldblivion" project.

G

Thanks It Works Fine Your The Best Your Like King Of Fixing Problems Thanks Again :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

N1ckBallzy

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

HI i just ot fallou and i have an integrated card... i can run oblivion prefectly, never had a problem but cant get passed the new game button in fallout so how do i "trick" it into thinking i have something else